Tuesday 24 March 2015

First & Final Video Comparison


I decided to create this video as a way for me to compare my first full draft and final version of my music video. I have placed both versions side by side with the use of final cut pro so that I can see the improvements that have been made over time. The immediate difference you can see is the colouring of the footage, the final version is much more refined and vibrant than the original and I believe it helps highlight the colours within the location. The clips themselves have stayed the same until about half way through as I was happy with the editing pace and choice of shots, you can however see noticeable difference towards the end where I have either edited to replaced certain clips.

Less noticeable improvements is the timing of the clips, most have changed in length by a split second to try and perfect the lip-sync and also cropped and repositioned some clips as a way to correct the framing. I think putting these videos side by side has allowed me to get a better idea of the improvements I have made throughout the process of creating my video and lets me see the amount of progress I have made throughout the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment