Sunday 1 March 2015

Magazine Advert Inspiration & Ideas


I began researching 1940's-50's inspired photography to gain some inspiration for the kind of images I wish to use for my magazine advert before filming at my location. I wanted to make the theme of the music video obvious through the use of images, so from early on I had planned to use some of the vehicles at the Streetlife Museum when taking images.


 






From looking at these images I had gathered I specifically love the mix of costumes and locations and how they represent the time era. The image with the suitcases seemed very relevant to my ideas as this was one of the props I was planning to use, I managed to capture visually similar images to these with the use of the location.

However, because of the difficulties I experienced with the camera making all the images appear to have a strong yellow colour and be quite blurry, the images do not look how I had originally imagined. I also used my mobile phone to take some images to see if it was in fact the camera and not the lighting of my location causing this, from doing this I found out it was an issue with the camera. I plan to use Photoshop to try and edit the colouring of the images I have taken, some examples of these images from both the camera and mobile phone are below:

 

 

 


 

         

 

 
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment